Quake I - a port of the infamous first person shooter (with the same name) for S60 3rd Edition handsets.
The installation packages on the download page require that you have also a datafile for the game on your memorycard. Both shareware and full version work. Please do not ask me where to find the datafiles. QuakeWorld uses the same datafiles from the same directory as Quake, so there is no extra installation procedure for QW other that it requires the full version of the datafiles.
1. Find a suitable datafile (either shareware, or the full version form original PC version)
2. Create "quake1" folder to the root of your memorycard
3a. If you have the full version, just copy the "ID1" directory to "quake1" directory.
3b. If you have only a shareware .pak file, create "ID1" folder to "quake1" directory and the copy the shareware pak-file there
4. If you want to have cdaudio aswell, create "cdaudio" folder to the "quake1" folder. Then put the audio files as .mp3 to the "cdaudio" folder, remember to rename the files from 1.mp3 throught 10.mp3. I don't know what bitrate is the best, but I have used 256kbps and it has impact of 0.1 fps to the performance. If you do not have the required audio files, the background music is just not played.
5. install the Symbian P.I.P.S. c-runtime library, and the install the suitable version of quake.
From version 1.04 onwards, the game supports command file parameters via file. The file is either "cmdline.q1" for quake, or "cmdline.qw" for quakeworld. If you want to use command line parameters, just create the required file(s), and place them to "quake1" folder. Use Google to find out what parameters the game support, but ofcourse not all parameters are applicaple. The command line parameters make it possible to play mods, tested with the official mission packs "Scourge of Armageddon" and "Dissolution of Eternity". To play the mission packs, copy "hipnotic" or "rogue" folder from the original mission pack cd to the "quake1" directory and use command line parameters "-hipnotic" or "-rogue"
Also, please note that in GLquake the brightness slider does not work. You can adjust it via command line parameter by supplying something like this "-gamma 0.7". For GLquake it is also possible to enable full screen antialiasing with -fsaa command line parameter ( will degrade performance)
If everything is in place, you are ready to rock now.
Currently, the keys are mapped as follows when ingame, in console you should be able to type by multitapping:
LSK = return / jump
RSK = esc
Joystick = forward, back, left, right, fire
* = look around (with joystick)
# = sidestep
c = change weapon
green answer key = center view
volume up/down = look around/sidestep
everything else basicly shoots in the game.
Or you could just use a bluetooth keyboard.
Note: The screenshots with the game are from Nokia N95 8GB
Note 2: Quake I for Symbian S60 3rd Edition is free, but if you like it consider making a donation to the author.
What's New in This Release:
· added bluetooth mouse+kbd support via hidsupp package
· fixed volume keys get stuck on n95/8gb
· increased maximum heap size to be really high. Might help on running mods that require shitload of heap
· nofpu version of glquake
A small and *free* addon for Markus Mertama''s C2Doom. Compatible with S60 as well as S80 versions!
|Spider-Man: Toxic City HD|
As Spider-Man, you will encounter arch enemies including Electro, Shocker, Rhino, Vulture, Doc Oc and many more
Mac Attac Game for Symbian s60 5th edition
MosKillTo is a 3D game fully powered by Nokia N95 accelerometer
Symbian port of Raven Game's old shooter, Hexen
|A Miko Tale: Marionette Prologue|
Play as Reiko in the first part of the A Miko Tale series as she battles against several dozen demon head monsters in this graphic adventure game
DOUBLE TRAP traps you into a riveting experience of a professional shooter
Quake 1 is a mobile game in the genre of first-person shooter developed by id Software and published by June 22, 1996
|Sonic Unleashed Demo|
Everyone's favorite hedgehog breaks new ground yet maintains his roots in Sonic Unleashed, featuring a new side of Sonic and bringing a dual gameplay
DOOM for Symbian UIQ