Nokia Audiobooks - Welcome to the world of audiobooks. An audiobook is a recording of the contents of a book read aloud. There are tens of thousands of audiobooks available in the world, in various languages, ranging all the way from education to entertainment.
Nokia Audiobooks is a beta concept that enables you to enjoy audiobooks while on the go. It includes a highly efficient audio compression technology optimized for voice (AMR-WB), a player application for S60 (Nokia Audiobook Player), and an audio converter tool for PC (Nokia Audiobook Manager). Whereas traditional music player applications are optimized for music, Nokia Audiobook Player is optimized for audiobooks, enabling you to browse chapters, set bookmarks, and automatically continue from where you last time stopped listening.
A typical 400 page novel translates into a 10-20 hours long audiobook, which would traditionally take more than dozen CDs or hundreds of megabytes of low-quality MP3 files. Nokia Audiobooks uses a codec called AMR-WB, which is optimized for voice. With Nokia Audiobooks, you will get 5-10 times more content to your phone with similar voice quality, compared to content compressed with MP3 at 64 or 128 kbps. Consequently, you can easily store multiple audiobooks on your memory card - and still have plenty of capacity left for other things (like pics and video) you find important in life.
AMR-WB codec: Nokia Audiobooks uses standardized Adaptive Multi Rate-WideBand speech encoder (3GPP 26.190 / ITU-T G.722.2 See www.3GPP.org / www.itu.ch) for audio data compression in order to keep memory requirement for a book very small while maintaining excellent speech quality.
What's New in This Release:
Nokia Audiobook Player:
· Bookmarks are now sorted correctly, previous version was sorting them in order of creation, correct sorting is in order of appearance in a book.
· When keylock is activated, sleep-pause is not activated anymore
· Supports Finnish language in UI
Nokia Audiobook Manager:
· Default chapter naming changed from "1: File1", "2: File 2" to use actual file names.
· Routines for index file write and read rewritten. Now reads both big and little endian UCS-2 files with and without DOS carriage return characters (also with and without Byte Order Mask bytes).
· CD ripper initializes the CD drive selection to the same drive user has been previously used.
· Book name as a default value for filename prefix in CD ripping settings.
· New checkbox & info box to CD ripper to enable extraction into subfolder with filename prefix ()
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Nokia»:
Carbide.ui Theme Edition Carbide.ui Theme Edition enables the S60 and Series 40 UIs to be customized with full WYSIWYG layout and without the need for layout definition, coding, or specialized mobile-design experience
Nokia PC Phone Nokia PC Phone is an experimental service that gives you a possibility to use your mobile phone with your Web Browser
Nokia Bubbles Fast access to the most important things on your phone by catching a flying bubble!
Nokia Call Connect for Cisco Nokia Call Connect for Cisco integrates Nokia Eseries devices with the fixed corporate telephony infrastructure of Cisco, using both the cellular network and WLAN with VoIP technologies