Version: 1.2 Platforms: Symbian OS, UIQ Categories: Games Upload Date: 18 Apr 11 Developer: Peter van Sebille
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 1289 Kb
Rating: 1.8/5 (Total votes: 5)
EMame is a port of MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) for SonyEricsson P800/P900. This version supports over a thousand games - here's the gamelist and the romlist.
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with a game's data files (ROMs), MAME will more or less faithfully reproduce that game on a PC. MAME can currently emulate over 1500 classic arcade video games from the '70s and '80s. The ROM images that MAME utilizes are "dumped" from arcade games' original circuit-board ROM chips. MAME becomes the "hardware" for the games, taking the place of their original CPUs and support chips. Therefore, these games are NOT simulations, but the actual, original games that appeared in arcades. MAME's purpose is to preserve these early decades of video-game history. As gaming technology continues to rush forward, MAME prevents these important "vintage" games from being lost and forgotten.
For more information visit the official MAME web site.
* Navigation: Use the stylus as an on screen joystick. When moving the stylus on screen, EMame generates move events for that direction. If, after moving, you keep the stylus down EMame will keep generating events for the last direction you've moved to.
* Button 1: Jogdial up and down both map to Button 1. Typically button 1 is used for shooting; if so, then you achieve the best result by repeatedly scrolling up and down with the jog dial.
* Button 2: Jogdial left, right and inwards all map to Button 2.
* Insert Coins: Just like a normal arcade machine, you have to insert coins before playing a game. When the game displays its splash screen, use the Camera Button to insert coins.
* Start Button: After inserting a couple of coins, press the Browser Button to start the game.
* Quit: During the game press the power button to quit the game.
* Pause: During the game close the flip to pause the game. You can resume it by opening the flip and clicking on the EMame entry from the applications list. EMame then shows you a dialog from which you can stop or resume the game.
* OK: When prompted to press OK during the startup of a game, you may press any key for O and any key for K.
What's New in This Release:
· Rebuilt EMame with version 1.2 of ECompXL.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Peter van Sebille»:
EChess EChess is the port of Crafty (open source chess engine) and WinBoard (open source chess frontend) for the the SonyEricsson P800/P900
SCap Screen Capture utility for the SonyEricsson P800/P900
EZoom Allows you to zoom in on the full screen of a P800/P900