Version: 2.1 beta Platforms: Series 60, Symbian OS Categories: System Utilities Upload Date: 20 Jul 10 Developer: Nokia
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 4705 Kb
Rating: 2.5/5 (Total votes: 64)
Nokia Java Runtime for Symbian S60- is a mobile runtime for Java applications. It is used when running Java based applications on your mobile device.
The latest version, Java Runtime 2.1, is now available for S60 5th Edition devices as a Beta release.
JRT 2.1 Beta provides developers and end users early access to the latest mobile Java features including:
* Improved installation user experience
* Improved MIDlet start-up experience
* Improved security user experience
Important: Since Java Runtime 2.1 Beta is beta-level software, it has not been thoroughly tested on all S60 5th Edition devices.
The following S60 5th Edition devices and firmware versions support Java Runtime 2.1 Beta. These have been used as reference hardware during beta verification.
* Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, 40.x.xxx and newer
* Nokia N97, 12.x.xxx and newer
* Nokia N97 Mini, 10.x.xxx and newer
The final Java Runtime 2.1 release will be compatible with all S60 5th Edition devices with the latest firmware.
Before installing JRT 2.1 Beta, make sure that:
1. Your device has the recommended 20MB of free disk space on the C drive
* Java Runtime 2.1 Beta binaries require only 4MB, but the conversion of existing MIDlets requires additional disk space.
* In order for the device to function properly, it must always have some disk space available, otherwise the device may become slow or unresponsive.
2. Your device has the latest available device firmware installed
* Java Runtime 2.1 Beta has a dependency to OpenC libraries, and there are known issues with older OpenC library versions that are part of earlier S60 5th Edition device firmware.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Nokia»:
Nokia Reader A simple and easy-to-use push-enabled RSS reader
Nokia MOSH Client MOSH is a service by Nokia, providing a user-driven distribution channel for applications and other content for mobile devices. It enables you to create, upload and share your applications, games, audio, images, and video instantaneously
Nokia Bubbles Fast access to the most important things on your phone by catching a flying bubble!
Nokia Configuration Tool Nokia Configuration Tool is a PC application to locally manage settings for Nokia devices. IT professionals and other advanced users can edit and store settings on a compatible PC and transfer them to a compatible Nokia device
Nokia Headlines Through Nokia Headlines, you can enjoy daily news, sports, and entertainment, provided by international and local branded publishers
Nokia Catalogs Catalogs turns your Nokia device into the ultimate virtual shopping mall packed with everything you need for an entertaining and exciting mobile experience
Nokia Image Space Nokia Image Space provides you a new view to your own photos, as well as to those from your friends and other people