Euchre - FREE -
Euchre is a plain-trick card game for four players in fixed partnerships, partners sitting opposite each other.
Euchre was probably derived from the game Jucker which was formerly played in Alsace. Euchre reached the USA in the early nineteenth century and was the original game for which the Joker was introduced into the playing-card pack in the 1850s (to serve as the highest trump). Euchre is popular in the US Navy, and it may be through this maritime connection that it travelled in the later nineteenth century from America to other English speaking parts of the world. Certainly in Britain it is mainly found in regions where there has been a strong naval influence.
Euchre is a plain-trick game for four players in fixed partnerships, partners sitting opposite. Just 5 cards are dealt to each player and the object is to win at least three of the five tricks - with an extra bonus for winning all five. At one stage Euchre was the number one card game in the United States, more popular than Whist or even Poker!
- Multiple levels of play. Each computer player can have any strength from beginner to expert.
- Best of breed artificial intelligence engine, better than most PC Euchre engines.
- Multiple display and card playing options to suit your individual preference.
- Support for many of the common game variations as defined by Hoyle including playing to 5, 7 or 10 points.
- Full undo and redo of moves.
- Euchre is just one of our large collection of best of breed classic board, card and puzzle games available for a wide range of platforms.