fMSX (Nokia N90) is an 8-bit home computer that first saw light in 1983. With this emulator you can play hundreds of games available in the web for the MSX platform. Emulation core is originally based on an adapted version of the fMSX/Unix version 2.7 source code. Although recent versions of the emulation core still resemble the fMSX/Unix logically almost no part of the original fMSX/Unix code is left in fMSX/S60. I have decided to keep the emulator name as fMSX still to honour the roots of the emulation code and the efforts of the fMSX/Unix author. Critical sections in fMSX/S60 have been written directly in ARM assembly language to gain speed.
· Emulates MSX1, MSX2 and MSX2 machines.
· AY8910 (PSG), SCC, SCC and YM2413 (OPLL, MSX-Music) sound chips emulated.
· Supports ROM cartridge (.rom), disk (.dsk) and tape (.cas) images in uncompressed, gzip compressed (.gz), zip compressed (.zip) and lharc compressed (.lzh) format (zip and lzh format support is in the "b" and "d" variants only). Compressed disk and tape images are treated as read-only media in the emulator (any saved data on compressed media will be lost when the emulator exits). Four supported display rendering modes with 90 degrees rotation possibility (cw/ccw):
· raw unzoomed (only a part of the MSX display is visible in 176x208 display)
· fast fit (every nth pixel is discarded in 176x208 display or doubled in bigger displays)
· smart fit (same as fast but with a lone-pixel-detection, only available in 176x208 display)
· resample fit (calculates the average of neighbouring pixels for each rendered pixel, only available in 176x208 display).
· Fully user configurable keyboard and joystick mappings.
· Emulation can be paused and the machine state can be saved and loaded.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Juha Riihimaki»:
Xedious Clone for the classic coin-op arcade game Xevious. Contains 16 levels and three difficulty settings
Contact Transfer Have you ever tried to copy the contacts database from one S60 based phone to another?
MSX80 Release 3 MSX emulator for S80. With this emulator you can play hundreds of games available on the Internet for the MSX platform
Contacts Transfer With the Contacts Transfer application you can copy the entire contents of the contacts database includig thumbnail images and caller groups from one phone to another via bluetooth, infra-red or a memory card
fMSX (Series 60 2nd Edition) MSX emulator for Series 60. With this emulator you can play hundreds of games available on the Internet for the MSX platform
vBag VBag is a GameBoy Advance emulator that can play GBA games on your mobile phone
GPFCE NES/Famicom emulator. GPFCE - good and quality Dendy emulator for Symbian OS. Supports roms with *.nes, roms can be connected directly in zip-archive without unpacking. How to install a game on the GPFCE emulator: 1. Download and install the emulator on your phone 2. Start the emulator and click "Load new ROM" 3. Choose your game file from the folder where you downloaded it
Supported Operation Systems:
S60 2nd Edition |
Comments on fMSX (Nokia N90):
very good web site, i like so much
Date: 19 Aug 11
Date: 12 Aug 14
Symbian Freeware - Free Software Downloads, Apps, Games, Freeware, Themes, SIS for Symbian S60 v3 v5 phones and Anna, Belle