The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Practice Guideline Series: Blood Glucose Management During Adult Cardiac Surgery-is designed to assist physicians and other health care providers in clinical decision-making by describing a range of generally acceptable approaches for the diagnosis, management, or prevention of specific diseases or conditions.
Despite the emerging recognition of the importance of glycemic control, there are no specific guidelines for cardiac surgeons as to what the optimal level of glucose should be during the perioperative period, and the best method to achieve these target values. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Practice Guideline Series: Blood Glucose Management During Adult Cardiac Surgery summarizes guidelines for the management of hyperglycemia in both patients with and without diabetes undergoing adult cardiac surgical procedures, derived from evidence-based recommendations.
· Detrimental Effects of Hyperglycemia in the Perioperative Period
· Beneficial Effects of Glycemic Control on Clinical Outcomes during Cardiac Surgery
· Glycemic Control in Patients without Diabetes during Cardiac Surgery
· Management of Hyperglycemia Using Insulin Protocols in the Perioperative Period Recommendations
· Preoperative Management and Assessment for Patients with Diabetes Recommendations
· and more ...
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.