Music Launcher is a music player for Symbian s60 5th edition mobiles. With Music Launcher you can organize your music into folders. Selecting what to play is as easy as selecting several folders. Music Launcher supports sub-folders, and also individual files can be selected/unselected inside each folder. This way of organizing music has two main advantages over the "modern" way of organizing music as Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists:
* You can have your compilations into folders, and you just need to select those folders to play the desired compilations. In the Artists-Albums-Genres-Playlists way of organizing music this can be achieved only by creating a playlist, which is time-consuming and rigid.
* You can listen to different music each time you start listening: just select some folders from your music, including your compilation folders. No need to create a playlist each time you want to listen to something else.
- Music Launcher plays the same music formats as the Music Player that comes with your phone. It also supports album art, and on some devices, crossfading between tracks.
- Music Launcher allows you to do some management to your music files: move, rename, delete files and folders and create new folders.
- You can send Music Launcher to your friends by Bluetooth or you can send them the URL from where to download by SMS. Spread the fun!
It is easy to stay up-to-date with new versions of Music Launcher. The application has a "Check for Updates" command that allows you to download and install new versions, once they become available.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for embedded cover art. The album art engine has been enhanced a lot.
· Album art files (cover.jpg and/or folder.jpg) are also looked into a "__Covers" subfolder of the music folders. The album art filename has the format Artist-Album.jpg. For example, if you are currently playing "e:/MyMusic/Compilation/Nightwish - Planet Hell.mp3" from the Music folder "e:/MyMusic" and if the Album and Artist metadata fields of the file's ID3 are properly set, then MLauncher is also looking for the file "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.jpg" and uses it if available.
· Further more, you can enable (from Preferences) the so called "hint files". If this is enabled, and the jpg above has not been found, MLauncher will create a file (zero length) "e:/MyMusic/__Covers/Nightwish-Once.hint". You can then look what hint files are created and replace them with real album art.
· FLAC and ogg plugin comes now embedded into MLauncher, although it is not installed by default. If you try to play a FLAC or ogg file and the plugin is not installed, you will be prompted to install it.
· There is now a Dutch translation (localisation) thanks to Hans Dorssers, in addition to the Bulgarian translation.
· The management of Music folders (those folders where you have collected your music) should be now (hopefully) clearer. You cannot delete a Music folder (from the list) unless it is empty, but you can disable it, as before. Adding Music folders works now, although you should use this feature carefully.
· Many fixes and performance improvements. Much of the internal engine has been rewritten, hopefully for the better.
What's New in This Release:
· 20 volume steps on phones supporting it (Symbian Belle)
· Theme color can change to match the dominant color of the album art (off by default, on from the Options->Color menu in Music Player view)
· fixed one bug that caused most of the crashes in 0.105
What's New in 0.104 beta:
· MLauncher knows 2 types of playlists: music and audiobook. Music playlists will by default be randomized and crossfaded, audiobooks playlists will not.
· There are 2 types of "Source" folders: music and audiobooks.
· FLAC and ogg files are supported by installing an additional plugin.
· All Symbian version since 3rd edition supported, including Symbian Anna and Belle.
· Bulgarian translation (localisation) thanks to Kostadin Kolev.
· Many fixes, some performance improvements.