Nokia Audiobooks - Welcome to the world of audiobooks. An audiobook is a recording of the contents of a book read aloud. There are tens of thousands of audiobooks available in the world, in various languages, ranging all the way from education to entertainment.
Nokia Audiobooks is a beta concept that enables you to enjoy audiobooks while on the go. It includes a highly efficient audio compression technology optimized for voice (AMR-WB), a player application for S60 (Nokia Audiobook Player), and an audio converter tool for PC (Nokia Audiobook Manager). Whereas traditional music player applications are optimized for music, Nokia Audiobook Player is optimized for audiobooks, enabling you to browse chapters, set bookmarks, and automatically continue from where you last time stopped listening.
A typical 400 page novel translates into a 10-20 hours long audiobook, which would traditionally take more than dozen CDs or hundreds of megabytes of low-quality MP3 files. Nokia Audiobooks uses a codec called AMR-WB, which is optimized for voice. With Nokia Audiobooks, you will get 5-10 times more content to your phone with similar voice quality, compared to content compressed with MP3 at 64 or 128 kbps. Consequently, you can easily store multiple audiobooks on your memory card - and still have plenty of capacity left for other things (like pics and video) you find important in life.
AMR-WB codec: Nokia Audiobooks uses standardized Adaptive Multi Rate-WideBand speech encoder (3GPP 26.190 / ITU-T G.722.2 See www.3GPP.org / www.itu.ch) for audio data compression in order to keep memory requirement for a book very small while maintaining excellent speech quality.
What's New in This Release:
Nokia Audiobook Player:
· Bookmarks are now sorted correctly, previous version was sorting them in order of creation, correct sorting is in order of appearance in a book.
· When keylock is activated, sleep-pause is not activated anymore
· Supports Finnish language in UI
Nokia Audiobook Manager:
· Default chapter naming changed from "1: File1", "2: File 2" to use actual file names.
· Routines for index file write and read rewritten. Now reads both big and little endian UCS-2 files with and without DOS carriage return characters (also with and without Byte Order Mask bytes).
· CD ripper initializes the CD drive selection to the same drive user has been previously used.
· Book name as a default value for filename prefix in CD ripping settings.
· New checkbox & info box to CD ripper to enable extraction into subfolder with filename prefix ()
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Nokia Step Counter Nokia Step Counter counts your steps, and determines the distance you have covered and your energy expenditure
Qt Library The Qt library is required to run applications written using Qt
Nokia Maps 3 See your location on the map, explore places around you - or anywhere in the world - and share them
Nokia Sleeping Screen Nokia Sleeping Screen makes your mobile phone stand out from the crowd by painting beautifully crafted images on the sleeping screen
Nokia Play To Nokia Play To lets you show photos and videos taken with your mobile to your friends wirelessly on your TV. Or you can listen to your favourite music stored on your mobile with your home audio system
Nokia Store QML Client This beta Store client will replace the current Store client on your Symbian^3 or Symbian Anna device