Nokia Java Runtime for Symbian S60- is a mobile runtime for Java applications. It is used when running Java based applications on your mobile device.
The latest version, Java Runtime 2.1, is now available for S60 5th Edition devices as a Beta release.
JRT 2.1 Beta provides developers and end users early access to the latest mobile Java features including:
* Improved installation user experience
* Improved MIDlet start-up experience
* Improved security user experience
Important: Since Java Runtime 2.1 Beta is beta-level software, it has not been thoroughly tested on all S60 5th Edition devices.
The following S60 5th Edition devices and firmware versions support Java Runtime 2.1 Beta. These have been used as reference hardware during beta verification.
* Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, 40.x.xxx and newer
* Nokia N97, 12.x.xxx and newer
* Nokia N97 Mini, 10.x.xxx and newer
The final Java Runtime 2.1 release will be compatible with all S60 5th Edition devices with the latest firmware.
Before installing JRT 2.1 Beta, make sure that:
1. Your device has the recommended 20MB of free disk space on the C drive
* Java Runtime 2.1 Beta binaries require only 4MB, but the conversion of existing MIDlets requires additional disk space.
* In order for the device to function properly, it must always have some disk space available, otherwise the device may become slow or unresponsive.
2. Your device has the latest available device firmware installed
* Java Runtime 2.1 Beta has a dependency to OpenC libraries, and there are known issues with older OpenC library versions that are part of earlier S60 5th Edition device firmware.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Nokia»:
Nokia viNe Breakthrough mobile application that records photos, videos, songs, text, voice and bookmarks onto a multimedia map of your life
Nokia Mobile VPN Nokia Mobile VPN is an IPsec VPN client that helps to secure the connection to compatible intranet for access from mobile devices