Nokia PC Phone is an experimental service that gives you the ability to use your mobile phone from your web browser.
You can call, text, and manage contacts from your phone all through your PC!
The great thing about Nokia PC Phone is that you can use it to communicate with friends and family even though they don't have the Nokia PC Phone themselves. No one will be able to tell the difference because your calls and text messages are actually made from your own Nokia phone.
What's New in This Release:
· Significant performance improvements; the first time you connect you phone is slowish (PC Phone does a "full sync" with your phone), though
· General stability issues corrected
· In call and SMS logs dates were shown as "today" although they actually were "yesterday".
· Get Connected Wizard now warns about incompatible phones and connectivity methods (does not tell that S60 3.0 phones are not fully compatible, though)
· Most of sorting and search problems fixed
· Problems with national characters in contacs fixed
· Some times PC Phone mixed certain phone number fields in contacts
· PC Phone installer does not install add-on for Internet Expoler other than 7.x
· Problems with multiline note in contacts corrected
· Phone numbers in Contact details were sometimes mixed (i.e. home number was seen as work number)
· Special characters in contact text fields caused prblems; fixed
· Web page phone number recognition has been improved (covers more phone number writing styles)
· IE7: phone numbers in Contacts tab are not any more "painted" for click-to-call
· "Recognize phone numbers" setting in Firefox is now saved (i.e. the setting is not lost when Firefox is restarted)
· In certain situations incoming call/SMS number was not mapped to name; corrected
· The telephone number of a contact was not seen in contact details with some phones; fixed
· A telephone number in contacts can be in format +44(12)345678 - i.e. parenthesis (and also other delimites) are allowed
· Call log entry can be deleted
· Browser "refresh" button initiates full (and slow) sync with phone
· Added new "doing something" indicators
· When answering a call with SMS the caller number is editable (in some cases the phone drops leading "0" or international prefix)
· SMSes sent with PC Phone and S40 phones are now saved in PC Phone