The aim of this project is to provide remote control service on Linux through Bluetooth, InfraRed, Wi-Fi or just TCP/IP connection. AnyRemote supports wide range of modern cell phones like Nokia, SonyEricsson, Motorola and others. It was developed as thin communication layer between Bluetooth (or IR, Wi-Fi) capabled phone and Linux, and in principle could be configured to manage almost any software.
AnyRemote can be used by:
- bluetooth connection with java client if cell phone is JSR82 compatible
- Wi-Fi connection with java client if phone supports Wi-Fi
- IR connection with java client if java realization in phone supports access to IR port
- ordinary TCP/IP connection with java client, if PC is connectable from internet
- bluetooth, infrared or cable connection using AT "modem" commands
- web interface
- it supports some of IR remotes supplied with TV tuner cards (like LIRC)
- it has limited support for Bemused clients
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.