Version: 1.72 Platforms: Series 60, Symbian OS Categories: Multimedia & Graphics Upload Date: 12 May 11 Developer: OggPlay Team
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 1069 Kb
Rating: 2.7/5 (Total votes: 99)
OggPlay (S60 3rd Edition) is an Ogg vorbis audio player.
Ogg Vorbis is an audio compression format similar to mp3. However the compressed files are approximately a factor two smaller than mp3 files.
To be more precise an ogg file encoded with 64kbit/sec gives approximately the same level of audio quality as a 128kbit/sec mp3 file.
In addition the ogg format is a free format, i.e. nobody pays license fees when recording or playing music in this format.
File Format Supported:
Oggplay is able to use standard Symbian MMF plugins. MMF (Multimedia Framework) is a feature of Symbian Operating System that allows (among other things) 3rd parties to use audio decoder plugins. With MMF, Oggplay can use the phone built-in audio decoders (MP3, AAC, MP4), as well as decoders installed by users. The MMF comes bundled together with the Symbian OS 7.0S and above, in the phone firmware, and can't be installed in phones afterwards.
Since Oggplay is able to use both built-in and downloadable plugins, the file formats supported by Oggplay depends a lot on the phone OggPlay is running on.
Some phones do not support Apple's iTunes format (M4A). However, M4A is same format as MP4. So to be able to play M4A files on these phones, you'll have to rename the extension of each files to MP4.
Note that installing OggPlay no longer allows oggs and flacs to be played by the built-in music player or used as ringtones. In order to add this functionality download and install the MMF plugin.
Note also that if you are upgrading from earlier versions and have skin packages installed, these will need to re-installed.
1. You need to restart the phone before running OggPlay (otherwise text will not be displayed correctly)
2. You need to restart the phone before attempting to uninstall - On the N80 (running firmware v4.0623.0.41) Oggplay cannot be uninstalled
Random Ringing Tone
The .ogg plugin provided with this release can be used as a random ringing tone : everytime a phone call is received, the ringing tone played will be randomly choosen from the list of available .ogg files in the device. To enable this random ringing tone, the following must be done:
1. Copy the file random_ringing_tone.ogg provided in the release package to your phone, in the same directory where the file you wish to use as random ringing tones. The random ringing tone will be chosen only from that directory.
2. Select the file random_ringing_tone.ogg to be your ringing tone. The way to do this depends on your device. But it's usually from the profile menu, or from the phone's music player.
3. When you will receive a phone call, the tone will be selected from the .ogg files found in same directory than the random_ringing_tone.ogg. The song played should be different everytime you get a call.
A word of warning... This feature relies a lot on your HW Firmware. It might not work, and there are no guarantees that it will work in all situations.
· Plays .ogg audio files
· Detects and plays audio format supported the phone (MP3, AAC, MP4, M4A)
· Recognize Winamp playlist (.m3u)
· Skins (you can make your own, or use already made ones)
· User defined hotkeys
· Frequency analyzer
· Alarm clock
· Usual music player functions like shuffle and repeat
· Ogg files can be used as ringing tone
· Random ringing tones
What's New in This Release:
· Added mp3 decoder (MAD). This is disabled by default (To enable it go to the codecs page and select mp3->Internal).
· Added repeat and shuffle hot keys (these are 0 and # by default)
· Added repeat and shuffle icons to the default skin
· Added repeat modes (Repeat song, Repeat playlist)
· New playback engine for oggs, ogas and flacs (optional for mp3s)
· Some internal changes and improvements
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «OggPlay Team»:
FIVN Player (S60 3rd Edition) FIVN Player is created for easy and simple multimedia playback. It has a lot of functions, settings and it supports many sound formats. FIVN Player uses phone plug-ins to play sound files
Nokia Audiobooks Nokia Audiobooks is a beta concept that enables you to enjoy audiobooks while on the go. It includes a highly efficient audio compression technology optimized for voice, a player application for S60, and an audio converter tool for PC