Version: 1.4.5 / 2.0.0 Platforms: Series 60, Symbian OS Categories: Programming & Development Upload Date: 9 Oct 11 Developer: Nokia
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 14631 Kb
Rating: 3.0/5 (Total votes: 54)
Python for S60 (PyS60) - Python for S60 (PyS60) brings the power and productivity of the Python programming language to the S60 platform. The tools enable rapid application development and prototyping, and the ability to create stand-alone S60 applications written in Python.
What's New in This Release:
· Repeat support in 4-way directional pad
· Lot of memory leaks in the interpreter code is fixed.
· appuifw.app.track_allocations can be set if the interpreter should track all memory allocations and then free the memory which was not explicitly released before application exit. To debug memory leaks in 3rd party extension modules set the value to false.
· All the Pyds that have zero UID will be assigned with the applications UID at the time of packaging. As a result, Python applications can now be symbian signed. This opens the door for submitting Python applications to OVI Store.
· Pdf documentation is available in the installer/archive.
· API cleanup in the SensorFW module.
· On the below mentioned devices Python runtime and its dependencies will be installed automatically when the Python applications is started. 6220 classic, N86 8 MP, N85, 6720 classic, 6730 classic, N96, 5730 XpressMusic, N78, 5630 XpressMusic, E52, E55, 6710 Navigator, E75, N79, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, 5230, X6 and N97 mini
· Python Runtime and application sis can be on different drives. The limitation of both should be installed on the same drive is eliminated.
· Missing (platform) functionality on ensymble/Application packager: The 2nd point in the bug description is fixed
· appuifw.Icon sample code refers to non-existing file [doc error]
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
PktPing PktPing, also named Pocket Ping, is a Ping utility for Symbian S60 devices
HTML Control This open source project provides a CCoeControl derived class which allows Symbian C++ developers to build custom UI or to render simple web page by using HTML and CSS
Miso Miso Python Library is a Python for S60 extension providing simple utility functions and classes, implemented on top of Symbian OS native resources. Miso Build Tool is a make-style tool for PyS60 extension building
Alnet VDRC Professional client application designed for remote communication and management of all Alnet digital video recording systems
PyS60 Python The Python programming language for S60 mobile phones
Ensymble A collection of Python modules and command line programs for Symbian OS software development