* Install Python for S60
* Sign the following files:
* Install the above sis-files on C:
- Start PyPOIAlert from your programs folder.
- The first time PyPOIAlert starts you'll be notified about missing files, which will be created automatically. To make sure everything has worked properly, quit PyPOIAlert and restart it. If everything went well, there shouldn't be any more pop-ups.
- Place your POI-files (*.asc or *.txt) in E:/data/others/PyPOIAlert/pois/
Make sure the files ONLY contain lines in THIS format:
Make sure, that there's no first line like "LON,LAT,DESCRIPTION"! Furthermore check, that each column is separated by a , and nothing else! And finally check, that the latitudes/longitudes use dots ( . ) as a decimal separator!
Each line should look like this: #.######,##.######,my poi
As far as I know, the usual POI-files distributet in *.asc-format (like speedcams for Navigon) work out of the box. But still, check it!
- To import your POIs, press "Options" -> "POIs" -> "Import POIs". Depending on how many POIs you've put into the pois-folder, this can take quite some time. ~250kb take about half a minute. So DON'T place too many POIs in the pois-folder, since performance will become really bad!
- You now have to set you home-coordinates. Use something like Google-Earth to get the values, then press "Options" -> "Home" -> "LAT/LON (0.00/0.00)". First enter the LAT, then LON. Beware, that you HAVE TO use dots ( . ) as the decimal separator!
If you wish, you can change the default-radius (100 kilometers) of the POIs around your home by pressing "Options" -> "Home" -> "Home Radius (is 100km)". Bigger values than 100 are NOT advised! The smaller the value, the faster the program will run. So if you never drive further away from home than e.g. 50 kilometers, set this value accordingly!
- Once you have imported your POIs and set your home-coordinates, you have to calculate the local pois (by default within a radius of 100 kilometers). To do this press "Options" -> "POIs" -> "Calculate local POIs". For ~250kb this will take about 5 to 15 seconds.
If you haven't set your "Home" and a real GPS-Device already is active, the current position will be used as the home location.
- Select, which GPS-device should be used by default by pressing "Options" -> "GPS-Device" and then whatever device you want to use. By default, the internal device will be used.
- Save your settings by pressing "Options" -> "Settings" -> "Save". Pressing "Load" will load the last saved configuration since program-start.
- Switch the active tab by pressing the right or left navigation-key.
- To start POI-alerting, switch to Radar-tab and press "Options" -> "Start GPS". You can check the GPS-status in the GPS-tab. As soon as the GPS-signal is available, you're ready to go.
- Always switch to the Radar-tab to keep near POIs being updated! - POIs within a radius of 900 meters are displayed as red dots. POIs within a radius of 3 kilometers are displayed as orange dots. POIs further away will be displayed as yellow dots.
- Within the white headline the text if the closest POI will be displayed - On the right, below the text, the distance to the nearest POI will be displayed, and on the left, the angle to the nearest POI. - The number of POIs displayed depends on current driving-speed. Therefore no POIs will be displayed while not in movement!
- You will be notified about POIs ~60 seconds, ~30 seconds and ~10 seconds before arrival at the nearest POI by a popup or (if activated) by (synthesized) voice. You'll even get notified (by Popup or voice or both) if PyPOIAlert is hidden (which you can do by pressing the red key)!
- If you drive further than 100 kilometers, you will have to recalculate the local POIs. Do so by pressing "Options" -> "POIs" -> "Calculate Local POIs". Keep in mind, that during recalculation you won't be notified of near POIs!
- To close PyPOIAlert when minimized, hold down the menu-key and select PyPOIAlert from the tasklist, or navigate to the icon in your programs-folder. Then, within the program, press "Exit" (the right soft-key) and confirm.
You'll be notified if envy is missing.
AT ALL TIME keep your focus on driving SAFE and NOT on PyPOIAlert!!!
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.