Version: 1.72 Platforms: Series 80, Symbian OS Categories: Multimedia & Graphics Upload Date: 11 May 11 Developer: OggPlay Team
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 349 Kb
Rating: 2.5/5 (Total votes: 13)
OggPlay (S80) is an Ogg vorbis audio player.
Ogg Vorbis is an audio compression format similar to mp3. However the compressed files are approximately a factor two smaller than mp3 files.
To be more precise an ogg file encoded with 64kbit/sec gives approximately the same level of audio quality as a 128kbit/sec mp3 file.
In addition the ogg format is a free format, i.e. nobody pays license fees when recording or playing music in this format.
File Format Supported:
Oggplay is able to use standard Symbian MMF plugins. MMF (Multimedia Framework) is a feature of Symbian Operating System that allows (among other things) 3rd parties to use audio decoder plugins. With MMF, Oggplay can use the phone built-in audio decoders (MP3, AAC, MP4), as well as decoders installed by users. The MMF comes bundled together with the Symbian OS 7.0S and above, in the phone firmware, and can't be installed in phones afterwards.
Since Oggplay is able to use both built-in and downloadable plugins, the file formats supported by Oggplay depends a lot on the phone OggPlay is running on.
Some phones do not support Apple's iTunes format (M4A). However, M4A is same format as MP4. So to be able to play M4A files on these phones, you'll have to rename the extension of each files to MP4.
· Plays .ogg audio files
· Detects and plays audio format supported the phone (MP3, AAC, MP4, M4A)
· Recognize Winamp playlist (.m3u)
· Skins (you can make your own, or use already made ones)
· User defined hotkeys
· Frequency analyzer
· Alarm clock
· Usual music player functions like shuffle and repeat
· Ogg files can be used as ringing tone
· Random ringing tones
What's New in This Release:
· Added mp3 decoder (MAD). This is disabled by default (To enable it go to the codecs page and select mp3->Internal).
· Added repeat modes (Repeat song, Repeat playlist)
· New playback engine for oggs, ogas and flacs (optional for mp3s)
· Some internal changes and improvements
· Note that installing OggPlay no longer allows oggs and flacs to be played by the built-in music player or used as ringtones. In order to add this functionality the MMF plugin must be installed. If any S80 users require the MMF plugin please let me know by posting a message to the OggPlay forums.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «OggPlay Team»: