Large Time Screensaver (S60 3rd Edition) - A screensaver for Series 60 3rd edition phones, licensed under GPL. After installing the package, it can be selected and enabled in the themes application on the phone.
The version for Series 60 3rd edition is technically ready, but in order to be installable on any phone, it must be officially tested and signed by Symbian Signed, which takes some time. This is due to the introduction of platform security in Series 60 3rd edition.
Most of the new features in 1.02 were developed quite a long time ago, but I originally wanted to wait for the officially signed version to become available before releasing it. Since the signing process seems to take a very long time, I changed my mind and released it now instead.
For poeple eager to test it before the officially signed version becomes available, an unsigned package is available for download. In order to be able to install this on a phone, one have to sign it using a developer certificate for that particular phone. The steps necessary for signing it with a developer certificate:
1) Get makekeys.exe and signsis.exe. These are included in the Series 60 SDK, available from Forum Nokia.
2) Create a key file using this command:
makekeys -cert -password mypassword -dname "CN=Joe Bloggs OU=Development OR=Acme Ltd CO=GB EMemail@example.com" mykey.key mycert.cer
(A passwordless key file can be created by leaving out the -password mypassword part.)
3) Create an account at symbiansigned.com and download the latest development certificate request tool.
4) Generate a certificate request file using the key file created earlier, for the IMEI of your phone. (The IMEI code can be found by entering *#06# on the phone.)
5) Submit the certificate request at symbiansigned.com and retrieve the developer certificate.
6) Sign the package using signsis:
signsis largetime-1.02-unsigned.sisx largetime.sisx myphone.cert mykey.key mypassword
7) The resulting file, largetime.sisx, is now ready to be installed on the phone.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
Other Symbian Freeware of Developer «Martin Storsjo»:
SDP Editor An application for updating SDP records on Series 60, specifically for making Bluetooth File Exchange on OS X usable with Series 60. Source code included