Version: 1.9.27 betaupdated Platforms: Series 60, Symbian OS Categories: Travel & Navigation Upload Date: 1 Oct 11 Developer: Nokia
Distribution Type: Freeware
File Size: 1923 Kb
Rating: 2.6/5 (Total votes: 44)
Nokia 3D World Gaze - Have you ever considered that the Earth is a giant sphere and you are always on top of it? And that far-away continents and cities are in reality somewhere below you?
Nokia 3D World Gaze gives you a new kind of viewpoint to the world, allowing you to see through the surface (and insides) of the planet all the way to the other side. Just point your phone to some direction and you will see reality in a way you have never seen before. In addition to geographical features such as continents in their real physical locations, Nokia 3D World Gaze allows you to see geotagged media, day and night regions, current location of the Sun, and other content from locations around the world.
The application is targeted to anyone interested in exploring and learning new things about the world around us. It provides a serendipitous view of the world and can be used anywhere on the planet. In fact, we encourage you to try it while traveling abroad: the world looks surprisingly different depending on where you are viewing it from.
Support for Symbian Anna and Symbian Belle devices.
What's New in This Release:
· The device's real web browser app is now used for opening web links. NOTE: If your device is low on memory, World Gaze may be closed while the browser is open (both apps need a lot of memory).
· Added new unlocked "orbit" mode: you can freely travel around the world by turning the globe.
· Added a fifth content button: "My location". A glowing user position marker shows your physical location. The current viewing location is also shown (see screenshot).
· Full support for Nokia E6: adjusted UI, text sizes and sensor input.
· The main menu is now opened with a swipe gesture (swipe from right edge). A new help message about the swipe menus will appear when first starting the app.
· Improved performance of (A)GPS positioning.
· Settings: Added an option to show the help messages again.
· When locking the view direction, the view is automatically straightened so that it does not stay in an awkward angle.
· Screensaver/dimming is disabled while the app is running.
· All thumbnail images cached in memory are deleted when the app goes to the background, leaving more memory for other applications. Consequently, images will be re-downloaded from the server when the app returns to foreground.
· Search markers are not visible on the backside of the planet when viewing from space.
· Fixed a crash that occurred when GPS position was found too quickly.
· Fixed screen refresh issue on Symbian Belle.
What's New in 1.8.25 beta:
· Added pinch zooming and inertia scrolling for the globe view.
· A loading spinner is shown on the left when the app is loading the initial content set after launching. The content toolbar buttons appear after the content has finished loading. Previously there was no indication of when data was being loaded.
· Added a new Settings panel that can be accessed by swiping inward on the left edge (view slides to the right).
· Option for using miles for distances instead of kilometers (Settings panel).
· Option for showing the amount of transferred data on-screen (Settings panel).
· Previewer: items without a title will now correctly show author information.
· Previewer: for items in the U.S., detailed location info is looked up using Geonames (state, street address). (Note: the Geonames.org web service may be offline intermittently.)
· The label for the nearest city is now always visible, even in the bird view and when other labels are hidden.
· Improved performance and stability of server backend and set up a backup server. The app will automatically try the backup server in case the main one cannot be reached or suddenly becomes unavailable.
· New icon for the app in line with the overall Symbian Anna theme.
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.