WakeOnLan-This simple application allows you to power on your computer wirelessly using your Symbian S60 phone. It works by sending the famous magic packet over WIFI to a computer connected to an ethernet wired network. The main feature of this application is the single click wake on lan: once the application is configured, every time you click on the icon, your computer is powered on and the application automatically exits after a few seconds.
* only one computer is supported in this version
* it only works on local network
* a Symbian phone (it has been tested on my Nokia E60 which is a S60 3rd edition Symbian)
* a computer with an ethernet card where the Wake On Lan option has been enabled
* just download and execute the .sis file on your phone
* MAC address of your computer
* broadcast IP address of the network
Like it? Share with your friends!
If you got an error while installing Theme, Software or Game, please, read FAQ.
I couldn't get this to work over wi-fi on the LAN. However when I substituted 255.255.255.255 for the IP address in config instead of the PC address 192.168.etc.etc it works Apparently 255.255.255.255 is a broadcast address and sends the data to all systems on the network. Hope this helps someone.
Date: 21 Nov 10
Symbian Freeware - Free Software Downloads, Apps, Games, Freeware, Themes, SIS for Symbian S60 v3 v5 phones and Anna, Belle